Thursday, December 3, 2009

Nothing Lasts for Ever

Book trivia
Title: Nothing lasts for ever
Author: Sydney Sheldon
My rating: **

This was the first Sydney Sheldon book that I read. I must have either picked up one of his worst books or he's not my kind of author. I was disappointed by his lack of attention to details and casual writing. An author has the task of describing in visual details the characters of the story, the scene and the incidents. Sydney fails in all these areas.

The story revolves around the lives of three lady doctors coming from different backgrounds. Fate brings them together and they go on to become the best friends. The story does have elements of romance and murder mystery that keep you marginally hooked. The romance is not romantic enough and the mystery is not mysterious enough. The story lacks enough meat and the author has filled it up with the on-call and operations rut that gets repetitive and stinking over time.

No comments: